Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why my ouptput in my C++ program is not right? help me please!!!?

i ma doing functions to convert Fahrenheit temperature


Celsius and i am getting a zero why? this is my code:


#include %26lt;iostream%26gt;


#include %26lt;iomanip%26gt;





using std::cout;


using std::cin;


using std::endl;


using std::setprecision;


using std::fixed;





//function prototypes


double getFahrenheit();


int getCelcius(double);


int main()


{


//declare varibles


int celcius = 0;


double fahrenheit = 0;





//functions calls


fahrenheit = getFahrenheit();


celcius = getCelcius(fahrenheit);





cout %26lt;%26lt; fixed %26lt;%26lt; setprecision(0);


cout %26lt;%26lt; "Celsius temperature is: " %26lt;%26lt; celcius %26lt;%26lt; endl;





return 0;


} //end of main function





//*****function definitions*****





double getFahrenheit()


{


double fahrenheit = 0.0;


cout %26lt;%26lt; "Enter fahrenheit: " %26lt;%26lt; endl;


cin %26gt;%26gt; fahrenheit;


return fahrenheit;


}





//*****function definitions*****





int getCelcius(double fahrenheit)


{


int output = 0;


output = 5.0/9.0 * (fahrenheit - 32.0);


return output;


}

Why my ouptput in my C++ program is not right? help me please!!!?
I compiled it and it worked for me... You may consider doing this though:





change int getCelcius to double getCelcius
Reply:You have an integer function, not a floating point one.

chelsea flower show

No comments:

Post a Comment